What exactly is Write for Contributions?
Write for contributions is an application that supports individuals who create content for DigitalOceans general public knowledge base. Through this program, community writers get a individual payout and pick a tech-focused charity to get a matching contribution.
The task of those community authors helps develop DigitalOceans collection of DevOps, pc software development, and production systems tutorials—all based on free and open-source computer software.
What’s the payout structure?
Typical tutorial content will pay down at $300, and now we match all payouts having a charitable contribution.
Many tutorials that are new settled at $300; complex production-focused subjects could be given out at as much as $400. Updates for current tutorials, such as for instance circulation modifications, are generally paid at $75 to $125, on the basis of the number of modifications and content that is technical. All payouts are in editorial discretion, and will also be matched with a contribution to just one charity that is tech-focused nonprofit or a small grouping of nonprofits united by comparable missions.
What individuals say
“Your articles will show thousands and thousands individuals all around the globe, plus the feedback you get from DigitalOcean’s editors makes the distinction between being good writer and a fantastic writer.”
“Working with DigitalOcean editors means dealing with among the better technical editors you’ll find anywhere. In spite of how good your writing has already been, you will wind up a far better writer that is technical whenever you simply started.”
What’s the book procedure?
Apply, decide, compose, revise, publish, and perform.
- Apply: connect with this program by having a writing sample that showcases your capability to describe your technical knowledge to other people.
- Determine: if you should be accepted, you will make use of the editorial group for an outline and topic for the very very first guide. We publish just initial, first-run content under an innovative Commons license.
- Write: When your topic is authorized, it is the right time to compose. We offer resources, like our writing tips, technical guidelines guidelines and article templates, to obtain started.
- Revise: Submit your very first draft and collaborate one-on-one having an editor that https://eliteessaywriters.com/blog/how-to-write-an-abstract is professional revise your projects.
- Publish: After revisions, your editor will be sending your re re re payment, publish your article, create your contribution—and that is charitable ask you wish to talk about next. DigitalOcean may also market your article across each of our social support systems (including to your 150,000 Twitter supporters).
- Perform: develop a relationship utilizing the editorial group by suggesting brand new articles that you wish to compose.
just exactly What do I need to talk about?
At a advanced, we are to locate two broad types of content.
- Tutorials that cover systems that are advanced such as for instance Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, and CI/CD, like: just how to develop a Cluster of Docker Containers with Docker Swarm and DigitalOcean on Ubuntu 16.04
Once you use, take a good look at our topic that is public list articles we are earnestly seeking to publish or share your own personal tips for unique content our readers will cherish.
Connect with Write For Contributions
Many thanks for sending us numerous writing examples!
As a result of interest in the Write for DOnations program, weve temporarily disabled our distribution type while we review most of the samples that are great subjects weve gotten.
Please always check straight back quickly.
Our articles are certified under A creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Global License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), meaning you are able to repost your DigitalOcean articles with attribution along with the license that is same non-commercial web sites once they’re posted right right right here.
Every one of our community authors sign our freelance home writers Contract.